Website Not Publishing?
Publishing problems are rarely related to issues with the website builder.
There are several possible reasons, including:
- Hosting is unavailable (sometimes temporarily).
- Incorrect hosting credentials provided.
- Incorrect or missing port and protocol information.
- Network errors.
- Hosting permission or FTP credential issues.
- Timeout issues related to poor FTP connection (we recommend using SFTP connection due to its improved speed and security).
- Plan limitations.
- DNS settings or domain propagation.
Note: The type of error may indicate the case’s possible root cause.
Note:Only one site per subscription can be published (for all plans).
If a customer is unable to publish their site, this can be related to any of the following:
- Account Status: Publishing is available only on Active accounts.
- Subscriptions: Some plans don't allow publishing, e.g., some Trials if agreed with a partner.
- Hosting:Is there an Active Hosting Connection? (You can view the Connection Status and testthe Hosting Connection within the Customer Manager in the Customer Record).
- Port/Protocol: Check if port and protocol data is correctly specified and corresponds to the connection type used for the domain (e.g. port 21 + FTP; port 22 + SFTP etc.).
- Domain: Check if a domain name has been connected to the project (if possible).
- DNS Settings and Propagation: Publishing issues sometimes may be caused by incorrect DNS settings. Use any common tool (e.g., LINK) to check the domain's A Record and ensure it's pointed to the correct IP address.
- Nameservers: Check the domain’s NS Records and make sure the domain points to the correct hosting provider’s nameservers.